Can I renew my vehicle registration online?
You can if you meet all of the following requirements:
- You have a passenger vehicle – including cars, light trucks, vans, motorcycles, or motorhomes
- Your vehicle is not registered as a fleet or company vehicle
- Your address has not changed
- Your registration has not been expired for more than 2 months
- You want to renew your vehicle registration for one year
Have the following ready before you renew online:
- Your current vehicle registration certificate, which contains your license plate number and your registration number.
- Your valid insurance pink card as proof of insurance coverage. Your insurance must provide public liability and property damage coverage under an owner’s automobile insurance policy as provided for in the Alberta Insurance Act.
- Your credit card ready to make a payment. We accept VISA, MasterCard, or American Express. We do not accept VISA Debit and prepaid credit cards.
There are 2 options to acquire your renewal. Pickup and mail through Canada Post. If you choose the Canada Post mail option please renew within 10 business days to allow time for your tabs to arrive. It is your responsibility to allow sufficient time for Canada Post mail delivery.